Manual Handling for Industry
A Half day course covering the basic aspects of how to pick and
carry heavy loads safely.
- Regulations/Codes of Practice
- Manual handling Assessments
- Brief description of the spine, spinal column and nervous
- Physical effects of poor lifting techniques.
- Outline of the types of PPE required.
- Description of the way in which lifting & Handling should
be carried out. (Kinetic Lifting Techniques)
- Practical exercises covering the lifting & movement of
loads and the necessary body movements to allow safe turning when
carrying a load.